Filipino Pancit BihonFrom jencathen 6 years ago
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips shopping list
- 1/2 lb. cooked shrimp (optional) shopping list
- 1 lb. Bihon noodles or thin rice noodles, soak in water for 10 minutes. shopping list
- 2 cups of chicken broth shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 3 shallots, minced shopping list
- 1/2 med. Napa or Chinese cabbage, sliced fine shopping list
- 1 small pkg of matchstick carrots shopping list
- 1 c. green beans, cut diagonally Like French cut green beans shopping list
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil shopping list
- 4 tbsp. soy sauce shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Sauté garlic and shallots until soft.
- Add the chicken breast, salt, pepper & soy sauce. Sauté for a few minutes to lightly brown chicken.
- Add carrots, green beans & shrimp if using. Cover and cook for a few minutes then add Napa cabbage and chicken broth until it comes to a boil.
- Once the vegetables are all done, Add the bihon noodles mixing well to distribute the flavors.
- Cook for about 5 more minutes or until the noodles are soft. Taste and adjust seasonings to desired taste.
People Who Like This Dish 20
The Cookjencathen TX
The Rating4 people
Thanks for the recipe -healthy and tasty, which is what I'm looking for. Lots of love
Nellie (Susan)sitbynellie in Glasgow loved it
This is a wonderful recipe and as jencathen's said you really can let your own tastes decide the end result. Pancit is good the next day, even cold for breakfast, reheats great. My husband likes very spicey so I added a tablespoon of Sriracha hot c...moreChefMamaIT in Red Springs loved it
This sounds fabulous and healthy too. Great post.debwin in Toronto loved it