Soft PretzelsFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
How to make it
- Mix 1 cup flour, sugar, salt and undissolved yeast.
- Heat 1 cup water and margarine to 130 degrees.
- Gradually add to dry ingredients then beat 2 minutes at medium speed of mixer.
- Add 1/2 cup flour then beat at high speed for 2 minutes.
- Stir in enough additional flour to make a soft dough.
- On floured board knead 5 minutes then set in greased bowl and turn to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in warm draft free place for 40 minutes.
- Divide dough into 12 equal pieces then roll each into a 20” rope.
- Shape into pretzels or other shapes then place on greased baking sheets.
- Cover and let rest 5 minutes.
- Mix egg yolk and 1 tablespoon water then brush on pretzels and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes then cool on racks.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating9 people
thanks Cathy for sharing a wonderful recipe...will try it soon...............:}
Mumtazmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
I love soft pretzels but have never tried to make them. Great post.debwin in Toronto loved it
i love soft pretzels with cinnamon and sugar yummmmmmmmminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!