Carols Lovely Carrot CakeFrom morninlite 6 years ago
- 2 1/4 c unsifted flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 cup veg. oil shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 2 cups shreaded carrots shopping list
- 1/2 cup coconut flaked shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts shopping list
- 1/2 cup currants shopping list
How to make it
- Grease/oil/spray and flour 13x9 cake pan
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Add oil, eggs, milk & carrots.
- Beat at low speed until moistened, scraping sides of bowl. Then beat at med speed 2. min.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool and frost.
- Cream together: 3 oz. Cream Cheese, softened; 2 Tbs butter, softened; 2 Tbs milk; 1/4 tsp vanilla; dash of salt; Add 2 - 2 1/4 c confectioners sugar to desired consistancy.
The Cookmorninlite Kalamazoo, MI
The Rating3 people
I love carrot cake and your recipe looks great. Unfortunately,I have to omit the coconut because of allergies but other than that, it's a "5" fork winner!lor in Toronto loved it
Okey dokey....One month from today you can bake this for my birthday!! I love, love, love carrot cake!!jett2whit in Union City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!