Marinated CheeseFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- ================ shopping list
- 1/2 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 (2 ounce) bottle diced pimento, drained shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 3 tablespoons minced green onions shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 (8 ounce) package cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cold shopping list
How to make it
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the olive oil, wine
- vinegar, pimento, parsley, green onion, garlic, sugar, basil, salt
- and pepper. Shake vigorously to blend. Set aside.
- Cut the block of Cheddar cheese in half lengthwise.
- Cut crosswise into 1/4 inch slices to form squares.
- Repeat with cream cheese.
- Arrange cheese squares alternately in a shallow baking dish with
- slices standing on edge.
- You can arrange in a single long row, or 2 parallel rows depending on the size of your dish.
- Pour the marinade from the jar over the cheese slices, cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
- To serve, remove slices to a serving platter so they are still
- arranged in an alternating pattern.
- Spoon some of the extra marinade over the cheese, and serve with crackers.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
great recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I love this Midgelet! I WILL be serving this next time I do an appetizer!auntybea in Vernon loved it
I make this but w/ fresh parsley instead of the basil. It's great! Always make a dbl batch for company and there are never left overs. I'm likin' the idea of the basil. I think it just made the weekend menu. Thanks for the post!mrscoach in Franklin County loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!