Mexican Meatloaf TacosFrom auntybea 7 years ago
- 1 lb (500 g) Canadian Lean or extra lean ground beef shopping list
- Half (can 14 oz/398 mL) Old El Paso® refried beans shopping list
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dry bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 pkg (275 g) Old El Paso® Taco Kit shopping list
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Green Giant® Frozen Niblets® whole kernel corn shopping list
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced sweet pepper shopping list
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese shopping list
- Toppings (optional): shredded lettuce, Old El Paso® shopping list
- Thick N' chunky salsa, sliced green onion, diced tomato shopping list
How to make it
- Combine beef, refried beans, bread crumbs, seasoning mix and half the salsa from kit, gently mixing for the most tender meat loaf. Press into foil-lined 9 x 5-inch (2 L) loaf pan. Combine remaining salsa, corn and pepper; sprinkle on loaf.
- Insert oven-safe meat thermometer into centre of loaf. Bake at 350ºF
- for 50 minutes until thermometer reads 160ºF (71ºC). Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese. Use foil to lift meat loaf to cutting board; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Warm taco shells in hot oven for 5 minutes. Cut meat loaf into 12 slices, placing one into each taco shell. Garnish with toppings if desired.