Sponge CakeFrom debwin 5 years ago
How to make it
- Line 2 9or10'' springform pans with parchment. (do not grease pans)
- In a small bowl beat egg yolks, water and vanilla until frothy. Slowly add 1/2cup plus 2Tbsp of sugar. Beat until thick and light in color.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg whites with the salt and cream of tartar to soft peaks. Slowly add 1/2c plus 2T of sugar. Beat until thick and glossy but not dry.
- Scrape the egg yolk mixture into a large bowl. Fold the egg whites into yolk mixture alternately with the flour; beginning and ending with the egg whites. Scrape into prepared springforms.
- Bake at 375F for 25-30 mins. or until light golden brown.
- Cool slightly on racks. Using a sharp knife run it around inside edge of springform to separate cake from the pan. Cool completely before freezing.
The Cookdebwin Toronto, CA
The Rating4 people
This sounds like a lovely light sponge! Thank you for posting.auntybea in Vernon loved it
You are so right, you can do so much with it. It is great with any fruits. Your recipe sounds fantastic!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!