PRAWN VARUVALFrom aravi_vel 6 years ago
- prawns - 12-16 medium sized shopping list
- ginger - 1 inch piece shopping list
- garlic - 8 cloves shopping list
- cumin powder - 1 tbsp shopping list
- tamarind pulp - 1 tbsp shopping list
- Red chilli powder - 2 tbsps shopping list
- turmeric powder - half tbsp shopping list
- salt - to taste shopping list
- rice flour - 2 tbsp shopping list
- oil - quarter cup shopping list
- lemon juice - 1 tbsp shopping list
How to make it
- Shell, devein, wash and pat dry prawns with a clean kitchen towel.
- Peel, wash ginger and garlic and grind to fine paste.
- Mix ginger-garlic paste with cumin powder, tamarind pulp, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and rice flour and blend two tbsps of oil into this mixture.
- Marinate prawns in this mixture and keep aside for atleast two hours, preferably in refrigerator.
- Heat oil in a pan, add marinated prawns and cook for a minute on high heat. Turn over prawns and cook for another minute on high heat.
- Reduce heat and cook for two or three minutes turning prawns occassionally for uniform cooking.
- Remove, drain onto an absorbent kitchen towel or paper, sprinkle lemon juice and serve hot.
The Cookaravi_vel Bangalore, India
The Rating4 people
Sounds absolutely delicious! Thank you for this recipe!auntybea in Vernon loved it
Sounds great. And I've never eaten a relic before.merlin in San Francisco loved it
This one is right up my alley! YUM!ssaevyn in panama city beach loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!