PRAWN VARUVALFrom aravi_vel 6 years ago
- prawns - 12-16 medium sized shopping list
- ginger - 1 inch piece shopping list
- garlic - 8 cloves shopping list
- cumin powder - 1 tbsp shopping list
- tamarind pulp - 1 tbsp shopping list
- Red chilli powder - 2 tbsps shopping list
- turmeric powder - half tbsp shopping list
- salt - to taste shopping list
- rice flour - 2 tbsp shopping list
- oil - quarter cup shopping list
- lemon juice - 1 tbsp shopping list
How to make it
- Shell, devein, wash and pat dry prawns with a clean kitchen towel.
- Peel, wash ginger and garlic and grind to fine paste.
- Mix ginger-garlic paste with cumin powder, tamarind pulp, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and rice flour and blend two tbsps of oil into this mixture.
- Marinate prawns in this mixture and keep aside for atleast two hours, preferably in refrigerator.
- Heat oil in a pan, add marinated prawns and cook for a minute on high heat. Turn over prawns and cook for another minute on high heat.
- Reduce heat and cook for two or three minutes turning prawns occassionally for uniform cooking.
- Remove, drain onto an absorbent kitchen towel or paper, sprinkle lemon juice and serve hot.
The Cookaravi_vel Bangalore, India
The Rating4 people
Sounds great. And I've never eaten a relic before.merlin in San Francisco loved it
Sounds absolutely delicious! Thank you for this recipe!auntybea in Vernon loved it
This one is right up my alley! YUM!ssaevyn in panama city beach loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!