My Favorite Chocolate CakeFrom maggiehc 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder shopping list
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips shopping list
- 1 cup cold water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vinegar, white or apple cider shopping list
- 5 tablespoons of neutral oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line your pan(s) with parchment paper or cupcake papers and spray lightly with spray oil. This recipe makes (1) 8 to 9 inch round or square or 12 cupcakes or (2) 6 inch round cakes.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and cocoa. You can also just stir them well with a wire whisk.
- Add in the chips and stir until distributed.
- Add in the water, vinegar, oil and vanilla. Mix with a whisk or wooden spoon until just combined.
- Pour or spoon into pans and bake. 25-30 minutes for large round, 20-25 for cupcakes or 6 inch rounds. Check for doneness with a wood skewer and remove when only a few crumbs cling to the skewer.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes and then invert onto a plate or remove and cool on a wire rack.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookmaggiehc Detroit, MI
The Rating6 people
wow great picture great cake thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
thanks looks delicious!magali777 in Mexico loved it
sounds like my favorite too!!jett2whit in Union City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!