Potato Hash Brown Coated Chicken CutletsFrom grizzlybear 8 years ago
- 2 1/2 cups buttermilk biscuit mix, divided shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 2 teaspoons- 1 tablespoon pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 cups frozen hash browns, thawed and diced finely shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 6 thinly sliced chicken breast cutlets (about 1.5 pounds) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together 2 cups of the biscuit mix with the eggs, water, pepper and salt until smooth; set mixture aside for 20 minutes.
- Place thawed hash browns into a shallow bowl. Place remaining biscuit mix in a gallon-sized plastic bag; add chicken cutlets, seal bag and shake to coat cutlets. Heat olive oli in a large, heavy frying pan until hot.
- Working with one cutlet at a time, remove cutlet from plastic bag, dip in reserved biscuit mixture to coat both sides, and then place cutlet into the bowl with the hash browns. Pat hash browns onto the cutlet.
- Transfer each cutlet to the frying pan (you may have to work in batches if they don’t all fit) and fry for 5 minutes on each side, or until hash browns begin to brown. Transfer cutlets to a baking pan and bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and potatoes are golden brown.
- Serve cutlets with marinara sauce or ketchup, if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
The Rating4 people
So excellent! I'm making these tonight! A big 5 from me, Grizz.
:}tippystclair in North Hollywood loved it
Sounds delish.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
hey grizz sounds delishminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!