Herbed Bean SaladFrom bluewaterandsand 5 years ago
- 1 1/2 lbs. green beans, stem ends snapped shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs. wax beans, stem ends snapped shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. shallots, finely minced shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. red-wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the beans and cook until just tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain and run under cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain again and pat dry. Place the beans in a large bowl.
- Toss with the shallots and oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Just before serving, toss beans with vinegar.
- Toss with the basil.