Crockpot Sweet and Sour BeansFrom zena824 6 years ago
- 8 bacon strips, diced shopping list
- 2 medium onions, havled and thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon slat shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1 can baked beans, undrained (28 ounces) shopping list
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained (16 ounces) shopping list
- 1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained (15 1/2 oz) shopping list
- 1 can lima beans, rinsed and drained (15 1/2 oz) shopping list
- 1 can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained (15 1/2 oz) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp.
- Remove to paper towels; drain and reserve 2 tablespoons drippings.
- In the drippings, saute onions until tender.
- Add brown sugar, vinegar, salt, mustard and garlic powder.
- Bring to a boil.
- In a slow cooker, combine beans and peas.
- Add onion mixture and bacon; mix well.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or until heated through.
People Who Like This Dish 7
- JABNJENN Nowhere, Us
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- jenniferbyrdez Kenner, LA
- bluewaterandsand GAFFNEY, SC
- morninlite Kalamazoo, MI
- fishtrippin Estelline, SD
- lara38 Gulf Coast, MS
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- mrtnzangel8 SW, MO
- zena824 Somewhere, USA, AR
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookzena824 Somewhere, USA, AR
The Rating6 people
I love this stuff! Fantastic recipe!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
zena this sounds so good thanksminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Perfect, I'm grillin buergers for Father's Day. Tom will love this. Thanks!fishtrippin in Estelline loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!