Maple ScallopsFrom image 9 years ago
- 4 bacon slices, chopped shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 T all purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 c. half and half (cream) shopping list
- 1 lb. small bay scallops shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 T chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 3/4 c. chopped white cheddar, divided shopping list
- 2 T maple syrup shopping list
- Garnish: fresh parsley sprigs shopping list
How to make it
- Cook bacon until crisp. Remove from skillet, reserving 1 T. drippings. Add garlic, saute until tender. Whisk in flour; cook, whisking constantly, until lightly browned. Whisk in half and half; cook, whisking constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Add scallops; cook, stirring often, 5 minutes or until opaque. Remove from heat; stir in salt, parsley, 1/2 c cheese, and maple syrup
- Spoon mixture into custard cups; top with remaining 1/4 c cheese & bacon.
- Broil 6 inches from heat 1 minute or until cheese melts. Garnish.