Cashew And Potato CurryFrom debwin 8 years ago
- 2T oil shopping list
- 2 brown onions thinly sliced shopping list
- 2T finely chopped ginger shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1tsp yellow mustard seeds shopping list
- 1/2tsp tumeric powder shopping list
- 1/2tsp hot chilli powder shopping list
- 3c vegetable stock shopping list
- 500g potatoes, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 350g sweet potato, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1c frozen peas shopping list
- 50g baby spinach leaves shopping list
- coriander and cashews for garnish shopping list
- Boiled rice shopping list
- cashew PASTE shopping list
- 3/4c salted roasted cashew nuts shopping list
- 3/4c plain yogurt shopping list
- 1/4c coriander leaves shopping list
- 2tsps brown sugar shopping list
- 1tsp curry powder shopping list
- Add extra chilli powder if you like it spicy. For a non vegetarian meal add 6 chopped chicken thigh fillets when cooking the onion. shopping list
How to make it
- To make the cashew paste, process the nuts until mixture forms a paste. Add remaining ingredients and process until well combined.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add onions, ginger, garlic and seeds. Cook until onions are soft; add tumeric and chilli. Cook stirring until fragrant, about 1 min.
- Add stock and potatoes; bring to a boil. Simmer, covered for 15 mins. Add sweet potato; simmer, covered, for 10 mins. or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in peas, spinach and cashew paste. Simmer, uncovered for about 5 mins. or until peas are tender.
- Garnish with coriander and sprinkle nuts over curry. Serve with boiled rice.
The Cookdebwin Toronto, CA
The Rating5 people
This sounds really good!jencathen in loved it
We made this on our Indian Theme night and it was great!jencathen in loved it
Tastes great!gregplaysguitar in Christchurch loved it