Pork Chops and SauerkrautFrom lor 6 years ago
- 6 pork chops, approximately 1 inch in thickness shopping list
- 2 cooking apples, thickly sliced shopping list
- 1 large onion, thickly sliced shopping list
- 2 cups apple cider shopping list
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. celery salt shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp. parsley flakes shopping list
- 1 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp. garlic powder or 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg shopping list
- 1 large jar of sauerkraut shopping list
- Note: I like to add a dash or 2 of Tobasco sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Combine 1/2 cup flour, 1 tsp. celery salt, 1-1/2 tsp. parsley flakes, 1 tsp. pepper, 1 tsp. garlic powder and 1/2 tsp. nutmeg.
- Coat pork chops in this mixture and brown.
- When pork chops have browned nicely on both sides, remove them from the frying pan and place on a plate.
- Reduce the heat.
- Add 2 Tbsp. of flour mixture and 2 Tbsp. butter to the pan and whisk with the apple cider to form a gravy.
- Pour 1 large jar of drained Sauerkraut into the frying pan.
- Place pork chops on top of the sauerkraut and top with sliced apples and onion.
- The pork chops must be completely covered with this gravy mixture.
- Cover and simmer on medium low heat for approximately 1 hour or until the pork chops are cooked thoroughly and tender.