Sunshine Summer Squash SoupFrom tnjazmyn 8 years ago
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 2 Tbsp olive oil or grapeseed oil shopping list
- 1 Large onion, minced shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 3 lbs. squash, thinly sliced shopping list
- 4 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1 cup Half and Half shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp white pepper shopping list
- Your favorite cheese, shredded - I sometimes use Cheddar and/or Parmesan (optional) for topping shopping list
- croutons (optional ) for topping shopping list
- Chopped chives or parsley (optional) for topping shopping list
- bacon Crumbles (optional) for topping shopping list
How to make it
- Heat butter and oil in large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic.
- Saute until translucent and soft.
- Add squash and chicken stock. Simmer until tender.
- Transfer to processor in batches, processing until smooth, adding Half and Half while you are processing.
- Stir in salt and pepper.
- Soup should be fairly thick. You may add more half and half if too thick.
- Add toppings, or serve as is!
- Hot or Cold
People Who Like This Dish 7
- BennieFCrocker Nowhere, Us
- jimrug1 Peoria, IL
- auntybea Vernon, Canada
- gardenladyzoe Snyder, OK
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- jett2whit Union City, GA
- mkthreads Atlanta, GA
- capedread Peterborough. Cambridgeshire, GB
- viciouzkitty Pleasant Hill, CA
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooktnjazmyn Manchester, TN
The Rating6 people
This sounds very comforting! I love squash in anything. I remember my mother was baking some butternut squash and forgot to poke some holes in them......BLAM! All over the oven. What a mess!!
jett2whit in Union City loved it
comfort soup all the way .........nice one teresaminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
I love squash and mine is almost ready to pick. Thanks for sharing.gardenladyzoe in Snyder loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!