Almost Cherry Garcia CookiesFrom bakermel 8 years ago
- 1 c. dried cherries shopping list
- 1/3 c. cherry liqueur shopping list
- 1/2 c. unsalted butter, room temp. shopping list
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 c. light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. flour shopping list
- 1 1/4 c. coarsely chopped white chocolate shopping list
- 1/2 c. coarsely chopped macadamia nuts shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Plump dried cherries by covering with boiling water and let stand a couple of minutes.
- Drain well and toss with cherry liqueur.
- Drain when required or, for more intense flavor, let sit for a couple hours.
- Drain the cherries.
- Cream the butter with the white and brown sugars.
- Mix in egg, vanilla and almond extracts.
- Fold in salt, baking soda and flour.
- Fold in cherries, white chocolate and macadamias.
- Drop in generous tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet, leaving space between dough.
- Bake until lightly browned around edges, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Enjoy! :)
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookbakermel Topeka, KS
The Rating11 people
Oh! They sound so good! I had my hand on a beautiful bag of dried cherries at Costco not one hour ago -- Sob!auntybea in Vernon loved it
Oh yum they look great and tasty i'll have a few please and thank you lol lolminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
+5!unclefedor in Tula loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!