El Pollo Loco ChickenFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 1/4 cup corn oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup melted butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup onion, minced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons garlic, finely minced shopping list
- 2-3 drops yellow food coloring shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 4 tablespoons fresh orange juice shopping list
- 1 chicken, 2-1/2 to 3 pounds, halved shopping list
How to make it
- Combine oil, butter, onion, garlic, food coloring, cumin, lemon
- and orange juices in a large shallow pan.
- Add chicken halves, turning to coat well.
- Cover and marinate several hours, or overnight.
- Remove chicken from marinade, then cook over medium coals on
- barbecue grill, or in a broiler 4 inches under source of heat,
- until browned on both sides and meat is done, turning and basting
- frequently, about 25 minutes.
- Cut chicken halves into pieces.
- Serve with beans and rice, corn or flour tortillas, and fresh salsa.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating5 people
yum i love grilled food this sounds yummyminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
i love marinated foods thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This sounds really good! Thanks will let you know how it turns out.kellyg72 in Roseville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!