Tomato-basil Pasta SaladFrom pleclare 8 years ago
- 3 lg.ripe tomatoes(about 11/2lbs) coarsely chopped(31/2c.) shopping list
- 1/3 c. chopped red onion shopping list
- 1/4c extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2Tbs red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1tsp. minced garlic shopping list
- 1/2tsp ea. salt and pepper shopping list
- 1/4tsp dried oregano shopping list
- 12 oz. fusilli pasta(or your favorite pasta) shopping list
- 1c fresh basil leaves,cut in thin strips shopping list
How to make it
- Put tomatoes,onion,olive oil,vinegar,garlic,salt,pepper and oregano in a large bowl;toss.
- Let stand at room temperature at least 30 mins. or till tomatoes release their juices,tossing occasionally..
- Cook pasta as package directs. Drain and add to the bowl with tomatoes;lightly toss Let come to room temp.. Add basil;toss Serve or refrigerate up to 1 day.