Simple Sourdough BouleFrom jo_jo_ba 7 years ago
How to make it
- Combine starter, warm water and bread flour in a large bowl, let stand for 8-10 hours.
- Stir in 1 cup of whole wheat flour, followed by the salt and remaining whole wheat flour (and the all-purpose if needed), until the dough starts to come away from the side of the bowl.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead about 10 minutes.
- Place the dough into a greased bowl, turning to coat.
- Cover bowl and allow to rise until doubled, about 2-3 hours.
- De-gas the dough gently and shape into a round.
- Place dough smooth-side down into a banneton or floured tea-towel lined bowl.
- Cover and let rise 1 1/2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Turn dough out of the banneton or bowl onto a greased baking sheet.
- Slash dough 2-3 times, bake for 35-40 minutes, until loaf sounds hollow on the bottom when tapped.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.
People Who Like This Dish 10
- AuntieG Carmichael, CA
- Tenshi252 Nowhere, Us
- ttaaccoo Buffalo, NY
- phillieb30 Nowhere, Us
- mark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
- deebelle West Mifflin, PA
- krislady Rochester, NY
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- midgelet Eastern, USA
- morninlite Kalamazoo, MI
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating4 people
I am a sourdough freak for the past 10 years, have a variety of cultures, do my own sourdough thing and appreciate true sourdough!midgelet in Eastern loved it
I grew up on sourdough and think it is fantastic!mark555 in Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World loved it
Bread is life!! To me anyway! :0)greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it