Pecan BarsFrom lenora 7 years ago
- 1 cup unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 cups plus 2 tbls. unbleached flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tbls. dark corn syrup shopping list
- 2 cups pecans, coarsley chopped shopping list
- 1 cup flaked sweetened coconut shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, confectioners sugar, 1 tsp. salt until light and fluffy.
- Beat into the butter mixture, 2 cups of the flour until it forms a mass.
- Use a plastic sheet of Saran wrap to use when pressing the mass of dough into a 9X13 inch baking dish. Make sure the dough is pressed in the corners of the baking dish.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until lightly golden.
- Whisk remaining 2 tbls. flour, salt, and baking powder as a means of sifting.
- With mixer beat eggs, brown sugar, and syrup untillight. Fold flour mixture into the egg mixture.
- Then fold in nuts and coconut.
- Pour over crust and bake an additional 20-25 minutes or until filling is set.
- Run a metal spatula around edges of pan while warm, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.