Easy Homemade Chicken Pot PieFrom crabhappychick 4 years ago
- 1 package refrigerated pie crust shopping list
- 1 jar chicken gravy, fat-free, preferably - use turkey gravy if using turkey or if you have leftover gravy use that shopping list
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup shopping list
- 3 cups cooked chicken, or leftover turkey - use more if desired shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables shopping list
- 3 baking potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch dice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400. Using 2 quart round glass baking dish, fit first crust snugly into the dish. Then take second crust, remove plastic and cut a 2" wide strip from around the outside. Reserve center circle of dough. Using strip, overlap it on the top of the crust in the dish, extending the bottom crust and sealing as you go along. When you finish some of the strip will be left over. I use that to make decorations for the top crust. (My youngest's favorite is my bas-relief baby chick.) Set dish aside.
- In a large bowl, combine rest of ingredients thoroughly, then pour into crust-lined casserole. Top with reserved dough circle then fold over and pinch together the bottom and top crusts fluting edge as you go along. If you wish, use the rest of the strip to make decorations on the top crust. Cut slits in the top crust to vent steam and pop it in th oven for 1 1/2 hours. Crust will be browned and filling bubbly.