Italian Organic Basil Tomato and Pasta SaladFrom mystic_river1 6 years ago
- CHILL 4 TO 24 HOURS shopping list
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dijon-style mustard shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup slivered fresh basil shopping list
- 8 ounces dried pasta (such as rotini, bow ties, shells, cavatelli, or penne) shopping list
- 2 9-ounce packages frozen cut green beans shopping list
- 6 medium tomatoes, cut into thin wedges shopping list
- 1 cup sliced pitted kalamata olives or ripe olives shopping list
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh basil leaves shopping list
- 3/4 cup (3 oz.) finely shredded parmesan cheese shopping list
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- For dressing, in a small bowl whisk together vinegar, mustard, pepper, and garlic. Gradually whisk in oil. Stir in the slivered basil. Set dressing aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan cook frozen beans according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again.
- Toss one-third of the dressing with the cooked pasta; place pasta in the bottom of a very large salad bowl. Layer ingredients on top of the pasta in the following order: cooked green beans, tomatoes, and olives. Top with remaining dressing. Sprinkle with the basil leaves, the Parmesan cheese, and parsley. Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours. To serve, toss lightly to combine.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating5 people
Sounds awesome!liezel in Bloemfontein loved it
I am sorry for the 5 rating but that is as high as we can give otherwise this would be a TEN!
A great summer salad indeed, I make these types of salads all the time. I am so glad we have the same taste.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
What a great salad love all the ingredients, got my 5.pudgy47 in Las Vegas loved it