ON THE RUN FRIED EGG SANDWICHFrom tnacndn 8 years ago
How to make it
- Spread 1/2 tablespoon of the butter on 1 side of each slice of bread (3/4 teaspoon butter per slice).
- Heat a large skillet or griddle heat and add the buttered slices, buttered side down.
- Push the bread to the side of the pan and add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon butter to the other side.
- Add the ham and egg to the buttered side of the pan, and season the egg lightly with salt and pepper.
- Using a spatula, pierce the egg yolk so that it runs.
- Cook until the egg begins to firm and the ham browns, about 30 seconds.
- Using the spatula, flip both the ham and the egg and cook for 30 seconds. Stack the ham and egg on 1 unbuttered side of the toast and top with the other slice, buttered side up.
- Place the egg sandwich on a plate.
- If desired, top with grated cheese or other toppings, and serve immediately