Slow Cook Black Bean SoupFrom crabhappychick 6 years ago
- 1 pound dried black beans shopping list
- 1/2 pound kielbassa or smoked sausage shopping list
- 48 ounces chicken broth, canned shopping list
- 2 cans tomatoes with green chilies, rotel original shopping list
- 2 medium onions, chopped shopping list
- 2 medium carrots, chopped shopping list
- 2 teaspoons garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce, Chipotle chili variety shopping list
- sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Heat beans and water to boiling in 4 quart pan, reduce heat. Simmer uncovered 10 minutes. Remove from heat, cover and let stand overnight.
- Drain beans. Place beans and remaining ingredients (except sour cream) in large slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours then reduce to low and continue cooking another 6 to 8 hours.
- Mash beans with potato masher to get a nice consistency. Serve soup topped with sour cream.
People Who Like This Dish 10
- alone1965 Whereabouts, Unknown
- malatestalm Nowhere, Us
- misterpeter Southwest Harbor, ME
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- foodfiend Amherst, NY
- image Halifax, CA
- shawdowsmom Fennville, MI
- debwin Toronto, CA
- peetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
- morninlite Kalamazoo, US
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookcrabhappychick Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating4 people
Its winter here in South Australia, perfect weather for soup. Great post.debwin in Toronto loved it
ahhh yes. i love new uses for the crockpot. especially beanie ones! high 5!misterpeter in Southwest Harbor loved it
Thanks for this wonderful recipe!
My son in-law will love it...we eat soup
winter and summer...using the crock pot
is so great in this hot weather!
A"5" Fprks !
mjcmcook in Beach City loved it