Slow Cook Black Bean SoupFrom crabhappychick 7 years ago
- 1 pound dried black beans shopping list
- 1/2 pound kielbassa or smoked sausage shopping list
- 48 ounces chicken broth, canned shopping list
- 2 cans tomatoes with green chilies, rotel original shopping list
- 2 medium onions, chopped shopping list
- 2 medium carrots, chopped shopping list
- 2 teaspoons garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce, Chipotle chili variety shopping list
- sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Heat beans and water to boiling in 4 quart pan, reduce heat. Simmer uncovered 10 minutes. Remove from heat, cover and let stand overnight.
- Drain beans. Place beans and remaining ingredients (except sour cream) in large slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours then reduce to low and continue cooking another 6 to 8 hours.
- Mash beans with potato masher to get a nice consistency. Serve soup topped with sour cream.
People Who Like This Dish 10
- alone1965 Whereabouts, Unknown
- malatestalm Nowhere, Us
- misterpeter Southwest Harbor, ME
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- foodfiend Amherst, NY
- image Halifax, CA
- shawdowsmom Fennville, MI
- debwin Toronto, CA
- peetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
- morninlite Kalamazoo, MI
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookcrabhappychick Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating4 people
ok im game!!!!!! get the cornbread ready with the honey butter ..yummmmmmmmmm thanksminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Thanks for this wonderful recipe!
My son in-law will love it...we eat soup
winter and summer...using the crock pot
is so great in this hot weather!
A"5" Fprks !
mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
ahhh yes. i love new uses for the crockpot. especially beanie ones! high 5!misterpeter in Southwest Harbor loved it