Toasted Almond Rice PuddingFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- 1 1/4 cups blanched slivered almonds (5 oz.) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice (such as arborio, basmati or jasmine) shopping list
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise, or 2 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbs. maple syrup or 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbs. maple sugar shopping list
- fresh strawberries and mint sprigs for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- CHILL TIME OVERNIGHT
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spread almonds on baking sheet and bake until golden, about 8 minutes. Remove from oven; set aside to cool.
- In medium saucepan, bring 1 cup water and salt to a boil over high heat. Add rice, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until water is absorbed and rice is tender, 16 to 20 minutes, depending on type of rice.
- Meanwhile, chop 1/4 cup toasted almonds and set aside for garnish. In blender, combine remaining 1 cup toasted almonds and 1 cup water. Blend until mixture is smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Add 1 3/4 cups water and blend until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Strain almond “milk” through cheesecloth into cooked rice in saucepan, squeezing out as much liquid as possible. (Or, strain “milk” through fine-mesh sieve several times before adding to rice.)
- If using vanilla bean, scrape seeds into rice mixture with tip of knife then add bean, or stir in vanilla extract. Stir in maple syrup, return to a simmer and cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until thickened slightly, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Transfer pudding to a bowl, removing vanilla bean if using. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, spoon rice pudding into dessert dishes, sprinkle with reserved almonds and garnish with strawberries and mint sprigs.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating8 people
wow fantastic i love alot of cinnamon thank you !!!! yummmmmmminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
gotta love any rice recipe. this one is new to me, i think i'll try it! high 5, and thanks!misterpeter in Southwest Harbor loved it
Fantastic looking just want to look at it for a while to admire it's beauty
Michaeltrigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!