Baked Shrimp with Feta Cheese aka Garides SaganakiFrom c2max 7 years ago
- 5 scallions, chopped - use white/light green part only shopping list
- 1 med onion (or 3 shallots) finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 c. olive oil shopping list
- 2 lb. tomatoes, peeled & coarsely chopped shopping list
- 2/3 C dry white wine shopping list
- 3 TB Chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 3 TB Chopped fresh oregano shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- 2 – 2 ½ lb. lg. raw shrimp (already shelled/deveined) shopping list
- 2 TB fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 lb. Greek feta cheese shopping list
- parsley leaves for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- PREHEAT THE OVEN to 450. Place the shrimp in a large bowl and pour the lemon juice over them. Toss and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat, then cook the onion or shallots and scallions until translucent, about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the tomatoes, wine, garlic, parsley and season with salt and pepper. Stir well, reduce the heat to low and simmer until dense, about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the fresh oregano.
- Spoon some sauce into a large baking dish. Spread the shrimp around the dish and cover with the remaining sauce. Spread the feta cheese around, pushing the chunks of cheese down into the sauce. Place in the oven and bake until the shrimp are cooked and the cheese melted, about 15-20 minutes.
- *I broil for about 3 minutes to give the shrimp and cheese a slight 'browning'. It makes for a prettier presentation. Just don't OVERCOOK the shrimps!
- Remove from the oven and serve garnished with parsley leaves
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookc2max Woodridge, GA
The Rating4 people
Nice color on your dish. I've tried this dish several times but have always failed, lol. I'll give yours a try.floridiangourmet in Hudson loved it
Yummy. Great picture and what a fabulous sounding recipe. Will be making this soon. Thanks for sharing. Great post. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!