Spaghetti with MusselsFrom pudgy47 8 years ago
- 2 pounds mussels shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 2 shallots, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 3 sprigs parsley shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1/2 TPS. dried thyme shopping list
- 2 TBS. olive oil shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley, perferably Italian shopping list
- 1 cup peeled Italian plum tomatoes shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 pound spaghetti shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
How to make it
- 1- Wash the mussels well and scrub them, then place in a kettle with the water, shallots, bay leaf and thyme. Cover and bring to a boil quickly over high heat. Cook five to ten minutes, or until the mussels are opened, occasionally shaking the kettle back and forth, holding the lid tightly in place. Set aside to cool.
- 2-Heat the oil in a large sauce pan and add the garlic. Cook briefly without browning, then add half the chopped parsley and the tomatoes and simmer 30 MINS. over low heat.
- 3- Remove the mussels from the shells and reserev one cup of the broth. Add the mussels to the tomato sauce,along with the wine, mussels broth, and the rest of the parlsey. Add salt & pepper to taste. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- 4-Cook spaghetti ,drain and toss with butter. Serve hot, with mussel sauce.