Out Out Damn Spuds - Thrice Baked Bleu Cheese Potatolings -From alisdhair 5 years ago
- 12 attractive and evenly shaped red potatoes – They should be big enough to hollow out. shopping list
- 3 – 4 oz. of aged Scottish Lanark if you can get it (otherwise a ripe Stilton – not a joke, unfortunately) shopping list
- 2 tbls. of sour cream shopping list
- Fresh chives, finely chopped shopping list
- Melted butter shopping list
- white pepper shopping list
- Fresh bread crumbs shopping list
- A little bacon or smoked ham would not hurt them. shopping list
How to make it
- Cut a fourth of each potato and save these pieces. Toss them all lightly in olive oil and bake them until they are soft, but by no means falling apart (the large ones that is, who cares about the trimmings). Put them in the refrigerator and let them completely cool.
- Scoop them out as you would for any old twice baked potato, putting what you have so scraped out into a mixing bowl along with the cut off tops (chopped up.)
- Add to the potatoes the cheese, sour cream and the chives. Mash them together well.
- If you have a piping bag, you could make them really pretty, otherwise refill them with the mixture as best as you can.
- Place them in a hot oven until they are re-heated.
- Brush them with the butter and touch them off with the bread crumbs and once more beneath a broiler to nicely brown them.
The Cookalisdhair Falcarragh, IE
The Rating6 people
Excellent and I love those red potatoes. Thanks for posting, Joymariemystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
oh ya, my that sounds soo good!!
thanks for posting that idea in my head, yumm!!bakerrakka in Lebanon loved it
OMG This is sounds awesome I have a garden full of potatoes just waiting for you recipe. Thank You for your Gwak or I might not have found it.btrflycookie in Walnut Ridge loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!