The Only Lasagna Mikey Will EatFrom morninlite 6 years ago
- lasagna noodles, cooked (I've never had luck with the "no boil" noodles, but if you have, go for it!) shopping list
- 1 lb. sweet Italian sausage shopping list
- 1/2 lb hot italian sausage shopping list
- 1 pkg frozen spinach - thawed and pressed "dry" shopping list
- 2 sm zucchini - chopped fine shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic, smashed shopping list
- 1 sm onion - minced shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 cups small curd cottage cheese shopping list
- 2 cups mozarella cheese, shredded shopping list
- 1 cup parmesan cheese - I like mine shredded, but you can use grated. shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 or 3 jars chunky veggie spagetti sauce (or 52 oz. total) shopping list
How to make it
- Start noodles, drain when done
- In a large skillet, brown meat, onion and garlic. When just browned, add spinach and zucchini add all but 2 cups of sauce, and mix well.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, cottage cheese, 1 cup mozarella, 1/2 cup parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Put 1 cup of sauce in the bottom of a 14x10 baking pan
- layer - noodles, meat, cheese, noodles, meat, cheese, noodles. Pour 1 cup sauce over all cover with foil.
- Bake in 350 for 55 minutes. Uncover, top with the rest of the mozarella and parmesan and bake 5 to 10 minutes more, until cheese is bubbly and starting to brown.
- Serve, and then dance around the kitchen singing "Dad ate veggies" while doing dishes.
The Cookmorninlite Kalamazoo, US
The Rating6 people
Great! I'm not even a veggiephobic, but this sounds really good. Got my 5!
Kathtippystclair in North Hollywood loved it
graet interesting recipe thanks goodmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
how funny! thanks for sharing!jett2whit in Union City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!