Glazed Chocolate Bundt Cake With Whipped CreamFrom tippystclair 8 years ago
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup shortening shopping list
- 3 cups white sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 5 eggs, room temperature shopping list
- 1 cup milk (whole or 2%) shopping list
- *chocolate glaze shopping list
- 2 Tbsp chopped hazelnuts or almonds shopping list
- 3 oz bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 3 Tbsp milk shopping list
- *whipped cream shopping list
- 1 cup double or whipping cream shopping list
- 3 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 2 tsp milk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Grease and flour a 10 inch bundt pan.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa.
- Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter, shortening, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- Add flour mixture alternately with the milk.
- Mix well.
- Pour into bundt pan.
- Bake for 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Melt chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Add milk and mix well.
- Add nuts and mix well.
- Turn off heat.
- Drizzle over cake while glaze mix is warm.
- *Whipped cream
- Pour cream into bowl.
- Add sugar and vanilla.
- Mix for 30 seconds on high speed.
- Add milk and mix on high speed until whipped cream is light and fluffy.
- To assemble cake:
- Glaze cake with chocolate and let it set until glaze is hard and shiny.
- Stuff inside of bundt cake to top with whipped cream.
- Decorate top of cake with dollops of whipped cream (see photo).
- Top with shaved chocolate or chocolate candies.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cooktippystclair North Hollywood, GB
The Rating9 people
All I can say is; WOW! And here is a 5!jeffsgirl in Medford loved it
great tasty recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
ok that piece of cake cut in the picture i have dibs on hahahahahaah looks wonderful.........yummmmmmminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!