Texas Corn BreadFrom silverqueen 5 years ago
- 1-1/2 cups self-rising yellow cornmeal mix shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. sugar shopping list
- 5 Tbsp. butter, melted and divided shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 cup creamed style corn shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded extra sharp Cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 2 large egg whites shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 425*F.
- Combine the cornmeal mix and sugar in a large bowl, set aside.
- Combine 3 Tbsp. butter,onion and next 6 ingredients (onion through egg whites) in a medium bowl, Stir well with a whisk
- Add to cornmeal mixture stirring just until moist.
- Pour batter into a 13x9" baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake 28 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Brush with 2 Tbsp. butter