Fudge Ripple Ice CreamFrom annieamie 8 years ago
- 3 cups of Manufacturer's Cream or heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 2 Tbs. heavy cream shopping list
- 2 Tb. vanilla extract shopping list
- (Manufacturer's cream can be found at restaurant supply stores or at Costco stores. Its higher in fat than heavy whipping cream.) shopping list
How to make it
- Using an electric mixer (such as a KitchenAid), slowly begin to whip the cream until it has slightly thickened.
- While still beating the cream, slowly pour the condensed milk in a thin stream into the cream.
- Increase the mixer's speed while whipping to high and add the vanilla extract.
- Whip the mixture until it is light and fluffy. (Do not overmix or you'll have sweetened butter.)
- Scoop this mixture out into a large container and place in freezer for one hour.
- Pour the chocolate chips and 2 TB of heavy cream into a glass measuring cup or bowl.
- Microwave on high for one minute and stir until the chocolate and cream are well-combined.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Pour this mixture once cooled directly on to the top of the ice cream and swirl the chocolate into it and refreeze for at least six hours.
- Remove from freezer and serve!
- *Tip: Make this the day before you wish to serve it.
- For a more adult ice cream, add a shot of chocolate or coffee-flavored liqueur over the top.
- You can add a tablespoon of cinnamon while mixing the cream for a twist or to make "Mexican Chocolate Ice Cream." And of course, you could add all of the chocolate to make chocolate ice cream right before the cream has completely whipped but make sure that your chocolate has cooled to room temperature first!
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookannieamie Los Angeles, US
The Rating4 people
I scream, you scream, we all scream for Fudge Ripple Ice cream...Anniemaries ice cream deserves the very best!!jett2whit in Union City loved it
now how did you know i love all types of ice-cream yummmmmmmmmmmminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Ice cream you don't need a maker for? What's not to love? You've got my five! The possibilities are endless! Thanks for posting!shepherdrescue in Lake Forest loved it
Cookin Moms348 members
Quick N Easy123 members
Party Food316 members
Cooking With Kids276 members
Five Or Fewer180 members
I Can Because I Can106 members
Anything Goes289 members
Chocoholics Anonymous155 members
Family Favorites141 members
The Holiday Dessert Table124 members