The Original Eclair CakeFrom moxie2burn 5 years ago
How to make it
- In a large bowl, thoroughly blend the pudding mix and milk; fold in whipped topping.
- Spread a SMALL amount of the pudding mixture on the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan (just enough for the crackers to "stick" to).
- Arrange a single layer of unsalted saltine cracker squares, bottoms up, on top of the pudding mixture.
- Evenly spread half of the remaining pudding mixture over the crackers.
- Top with another layer of crackers and the remaining pudding mixture.
- Top with a final layer of unsalted saltine crackers.
- Cover cake and chill for 30 minutes.
- Microwave frosting 30 seconds and pour over top of crackers.
- Spread the frosting over the whole cake up to the edges of the pan.
- Cover, and chill SEVERAL hours before serving (best made in the morning or the night before).
The Cookmoxie2burn Matanuska-Susitna Valley, Alaska
The Rating6 people
This is a great recipe Moxie I have everything on hand so I will make it tonight.
Flagged as beautiful too
Michaeltrigger in loved it
Sounds delicious!!ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
You are right on the money when you say to use the saltines instead of the graham crackers.I have had this both ways, and the saltines make it much like a flakey pastry.Check out my recipe useing saltines.Thank-you for this post. And here is a 5 for ...morejeffsgirl in Medford loved it