Cauliflower with Bacon and Cheese SauceFrom craftyazgirl 4 years ago
- 1 large head cauliflower shopping list
- 2 quarts boiling water shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. salt shopping list
- 8 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces shopping list
- Cheese Sauce: shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour. shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups milk mixture boils shopping list
- 1/2 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded Jarlsberg or mild swiss cheese. shopping list
How to make it
- Wash cauliflower. Trim and cut into flowerets. Drop into boiling salted water and cook 10 min. or until just barely tender. Drain and place into serving dish. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile fry bacon until crisp over medium heat. Drain and keep warm.
- Prepare Cheese Sauce: Melt 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine in heavy saucepan. Stir in 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour. Cook over medium heat, stirring for 2 min. Slowly whisk in 1 1/2 cups warmed milk and heat, stirring, until mixture boils. Whisk until smooth. Add 1/2 cup whipping cream, 1 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. black pepper, 1/8, tsp. nutmeg and 1/2 cup shredded Jarlsberg or mild Swiss cheese.
- Pour over cauliflower and top with bacon. Serve immediately.
- To prepare ahead: place cooked cauliflower into buttered ovenproof or microwaveproof dish. Top with sauce and bacon. Cover and refrigerate. Reheat at 350°F for 20 min. or until heated through, or place into microwave oven for 5 min. on High power.
The Cookcraftyazgirl El Mirage, AZ
The Rating9 people
I despised cauliflower as a kid too, but oh so glad I outgrew that phase. Look what we were missing out on. Love the stuff. This recipe sounds fantastic. I'm making this tonight for dinner. Thank you for a wonderful post. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Just goes to show you that with the rite recipe even a vegetable we hated as a child can be redeemed in such a recipe as this Cauliflower With Bacon And Cheese Sauce.
My high 5
Michaeltrigger in loved it
thats ok!!! i used to hate it too it still depends on how its made if i like now .. but this is a great dish i like this one thanksminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it