Palak Panneer Or Spinach CurryFrom aravi_vel 7 years ago
- spinach - 2 bunches (finely chopped) shopping list
- milk - 1 litre shopping list
- lemon juice - 1 tbsp shopping list
- Red chilly powder - 1 tbsp shopping list
- cumin seeds - 1 tsp shopping list
- coriander seed powder - 1 tbsp shopping list
- salt - as required shopping list
- onions - 2 shallots shopping list
- Green chillies - 2 long pieces (cut vertically) shopping list
- garlic - 6 cloves shopping list
- tomato - 2 big sized shopping list
- Mysore gram/ Green gram - 1 tbsp (optional, used for good taste) shopping list
- water - as required shopping list
How to make it
- Gently warm the milk and squeeze a little lemon juice in it.
- Let the milk split into a transparent liquid and little lumps of soft white matter.
- Filter the split milk through a clean muslin cloth. Let the milk water drain.
- The milk fat, that remained in the cloth is called the PANEER. Make cubes and keep aside. (No problem if could not make cubes, leave it powdery)
- In a pressure cooker, with 1/2 a cup water pressure cook, the chopped spinach and the green grams. Once it is done, filter the water and keep everything aside. (the water has all the spinach-nutrients, don't pour it away)
- Deep fry chopped onions and tomatoes in oil.
- Grind the -> fried onions, tomatoes, -> cooked and drained spinach and gram, -> red chilly powder, -> coriander powder and -> salt to a not-so-coarse paste.
- Heat oil and add some cumin seeds. Add chopped onions and let it cook.
- Now add the ground paste. And add the water that you filtered from the cooker. If required, add little more water.
- Allow it boil. Stir it seasonly.
- When the curry is free from fresh smell (uncooked smell) of the spinach, add PANEER cubes.
- Spread whipped cream/cheese and serve hot.
The Cookaravi_vel Bangalore, India
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!