Bacon Wrapped Pork LoinFrom larryvaughn 8 years ago
How to make it
- Lightly grease a half sheet pan with no-stick spray and set aside
- Place each pork loin in a gallon size plastic bag, and pound out until very thin
- Place parchment paper or plastic wrap on your clean work surface
- Lay a slice of the bacon parallel to the bottom of the parchment paper
- Lay the remaining slices of bacon edge to edge to create a square
- Position one loin on top of the bacon strips
- Arrange ½ cup stuffing along the entire edge of the loin closest to you
- Using the parchment paper to lift the edge near you, roll the bacon, loin and stuffing into a tight log, keeping the bacon nicely arranged around the outside of the loin roll
- Tie the roll in several places with cook’s twine to hold the bacon and stuffing in place. Be sure to tie both ends in such a way that the stuffing will be held inside the roll as the pork shrinks during cooking
- Place the loin roll in the greased pan. Coat with garlic oil and black pepper.
- Repeat this process with the remaining ingredients, and place in the pan
- Bake in a 300 degree oven for 60 minutes, or until the loin reaches 160°.
- Prepare a hot skillet a few minutes before removing the loin rolls from the oven. Sear the bacon on the bottom and both sides until nicely browned, about 2 minutes per side. Cover with foil and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Cook’s note: Capture the frond and bacon drippings for a wonderful sauce, served on the side for dipping, or as a gravy. Your favorite BBQ sauce or other flavoring are always options with this dish. Yummy!
The Cooklarryvaughn Austin, TX
The Rating5 people
This looks and sounds fabulous. Having friends over Saturday night, this is going on the table along with a good salad and corn on the cob. Great post. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
You have my 5 too. Looks teriffic!pleclare in Framingham loved it
I don't know how you waited long enough to take the pictures before you ate! This all looks so wonderful!!asheats in BIG BEAR LAKE loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!