Green Chili Chicken EnchiladasFrom jaeleepoms 8 years ago
How to make it
- Place chicken one breast at a time in bottom of a small crock pot, coat each breast with approximately 1 Tbsp of spice rub each. Cover with can of chopped chilies. In crock pot, cook on low for 3-4 hours or high for 2-3 hours. Chicken should fall apart and/or easily shred when done. In the crock pot, use tongs and/or fork to break up and shred the chicken and stir the liquid back into the chicken.
- Spray 9x13 baking pan with PAM. Lay a flour tortilla on preparation board/plate. Spoon chicken in a line across the lower 1/3 of tortilla. Sprinkle cheese on top of that, and roll tightly. Place in baking dish. Repeat until baking dish is full. It usually takes between 10-12 tortillas to fill it. It depends on how full you fill your tortilla. At this point you can freeze for later use. When you are ready to bake, top with enchilada sauce and remaining cheese, and bake for about an hour.
- You can also make in smaller 9x9 baking pan, and just top with one can of enchilada sauce instead of two.
- Optional: Serve with sour cream, pico de gallo and/or salsa.
The Cookjaeleepoms Mason, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!