Braised Leg Of LambFrom jaeleepoms 8 years ago
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp white pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, crushed shopping list
- 3 lb leg of lamb shopping list
- 6 Tbs oil shopping list
- 1/2 pint white wine shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 tsp dried rosemary shopping list
- 1 sliced large sweet onion shopping list
- 4 cans white beans (Haricot or navy) shopping list
- 2 oz streaked bacon, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Rub the salt, pepper, sugar and crushed garlic into the meat. Place in a bowl. Pour oil and wine over. Add Bay leaf and Rosemary. Leave to marinade 20 minutes.
- Remove lamb from the marinade and pat dry with paper towel and place in a roasting pan.
- Cook in moderately hot oven (400F) for 40 minutes.
- Mix the onion, beans and chopped bacon with the marinade and spoon around the lamb.
- Cook for 35-40 more minutes. Slice and serve lamb on a bed of braised beans.
The Cookjaeleepoms Mason, OH
The Rating3 people
This looks delicious - would love to make it. But is it a whole leg of lamb, deboned, sliced across the bone...? Does there need to be any braising liquid? And do you cover the roasting pan?unswissmiss in Basel loved it
We've had a run of chilly weather here, so I've finally got around to trying this. YUM! Made a few modifications: used slices of bone-in leg of lamb, skipped the bacon (none in the house, it never lasts long), subbed lentils for beans, used LOTS of e...moreunswissmiss in Basel loved it
To the best of my memory, Dad always used a leg of lamb. The braising liquid is the marinade with the beans. The leg of lamb will weep a good amount of juice. I wouldn't add extra liquid unless it looked like the beans were burning. The lamb brow...moredeedeec in Seattle loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!