The Ultimate Caesar SaladFrom auntybea 7 years ago
- 2 oz. anchovies, drained or 2 tsp. anchovy paste shopping list
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves shopping list
- 1 or 2 eggs, coddled shopping list
- 4 tbsp. lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tsp. dry mustard shopping list
- 1 tsp. Worchestershire sauce shopping list
- Dash Tabasco sauce shopping list
- 1 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup grated Parmesan (fresh is best) shopping list
- 2 heads Romaine lettuce shopping list
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms chopped shopping list
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled shopping list
- 1 cup croutons (homemade are best) shopping list
How to make it
- In food processor combine anchovies, garlic, egg, lemon juice, mustard, Worcestershire and Tabasco. Process until smooth. With the machine running, add oil very slowly. Parmesan cheese may be added to the dressing in the processor or sprinkled on the salad (I do both 1/2 and 1/2). Tear lettuce into bowl. Add mushrooms. Pour dressing over and toss well. Add bacon, croutons and toss.
- To coddle eggs -- pour boiling water over and let stand 1 minute, then crack into processor.
The Cookauntybea Vernon, Canada
The Rating3 people
Oh wow, I've never had a caesar with mushrooms either, love that addition. This has to be good. Great post. You and Judy have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
YUM! I love mushrooms. I'll be using the fake bacon bits instead of the real stuff though. (i don't eat pork) But yeah... caesar salad w/ mushrooms sounds awesome. :) Thanks for the recipe.grumblebee in victoria loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!