Chocolate Bread Pudding with Whiskey SauceFrom sparow64 8 years ago
- bread PUDDING: shopping list
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter shopping list
- 7 cups French bread cubes shopping list
- 2 cups whipping cream shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 8 (1-ounce) bittersweet chocolate squares, chopped shopping list
- 5 egg yolks, lightly beaten shopping list
- 2/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- whiskey Sauce shopping list
- Garnish: chocolate shavings shopping list
- whiskey SAUCE: shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 cup bourbon shopping list
How to make it
- BREAD PUDDING:
- Melt butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add bread cubes, and cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes or until golden.
- Transfer to a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bring whipping cream and milk to a boil over medium heat in skillet. Remove from heat, and whisk in chocolate until smooth.
- Whisk in egg yolks, brown sugar, and vanilla.
- Pour over bread cubes; let stand 30 minutes.
- Cover with foil; cut 6 small holes in foil to allow steam to escape.
- Place baking dish in a roasting pan.
- Add hot water to pan to a depth of 1 1/2 inches.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 45 minutes or until set.
- Remove bread pudding from water.
- Cool 30 minutes on a wire rack.
- Serve warm with Whiskey Sauce. Garnish, if desired.
- WHISKEY SAUCE:
- Cook first 3 ingredients in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring often, until butter melts and sugar dissolves.
- Combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup water, stirring until smooth.
- Add to butter mixture; stir in bourbon.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; boil, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
- Makes 2 3/4 cups
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating2 people
What a fabulous recipe sparow! I'm gob-smacked over this one!auntybea in Vernon loved it
Comfort Foods776 members
Christmas All Year183 members
Anything Goes289 members
Breakfast Recipes124 members
Chocoholics Anonymous155 members
Death By Chocolate122 members
Coffee Talk123 members
Friends In The Kitchen316 members
Heat In The Kitchen316 members
Grouprecipes Rocks149 members