Slow Cooker Kraut And SausageFrom keni 5 years ago
- 1 bag sauerkraut, undrained shopping list
- 2lbs cooked kielbasa or other smoked sausage, chunked shopping list
- 1 large onion thinly sliced shopping list
- 6 red potatoes, quartered* shopping list
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock shopping list
- 1t dry mustard shopping list
- 1/2t celery or caraway seed shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- paprika(optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Layer ingredients on slow cooker as follows:1/2 the sauerkraut, onions, and potatoes, then sprinkle with the seasonings, then add sausage, and remaining sauerkraut, onions and potatoes. Pour stock over top.
- Cook on low about 8 hours.
- Sprinkle with paprika prior to serving, if desired
- *this dish can be done much faster if you slice your potatoes very thin, as well. Cuts the cooking time by up to a few hours.
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating7 people
Looks very good. Couldn't be easier!pleclare in Framingham loved it
Sounds very tasty, thanks for sharing - You have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it
Delicious as is, no changes needed. I love the texture of the sausage and sauerkraut; it's a lot milder than you'd expect. I think the spices really make the dish, though. Awesome comfort food. :) Never had a recipe you gave me be anything but excell...moremalty in Missoula loved it