Slow Cooker Kraut And SausageFrom keni 7 years ago
- 1 bag sauerkraut, undrained shopping list
- 2lbs cooked kielbasa or other smoked sausage, chunked shopping list
- 1 large onion thinly sliced shopping list
- 6 red potatoes, quartered* shopping list
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock shopping list
- 1t dry mustard shopping list
- 1/2t celery or caraway seed shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- paprika(optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Layer ingredients on slow cooker as follows:1/2 the sauerkraut, onions, and potatoes, then sprinkle with the seasonings, then add sausage, and remaining sauerkraut, onions and potatoes. Pour stock over top.
- Cook on low about 8 hours.
- Sprinkle with paprika prior to serving, if desired
- *this dish can be done much faster if you slice your potatoes very thin, as well. Cuts the cooking time by up to a few hours.
People Who Like This Dish 34
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating7 people
Looks very good. Couldn't be easier!pleclare in Framingham loved it
Sounds very tasty, thanks for sharing - You have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it
Delicious as is, no changes needed. I love the texture of the sausage and sauerkraut; it's a lot milder than you'd expect. I think the spices really make the dish, though. Awesome comfort food. :) Never had a recipe you gave me be anything but excell...moremalty in Missoula loved it