GRILLED PORK TENDERLOINS WITH ANEJO-APRICOT-CHIPOTLE GLAZEFrom merlin 5 years ago
- 1 10 oz jar of apricot jam or all fruit apricot spread. (I prefer the spread which has half the calories. You may have to sweeten the sauce with 1 t. sugar or sweetener. shopping list
- 2-3 canned chipotles in Adobo, minced. (These are fiery hot. Three makes for quite a hot sauce) shopping list
- 4 T. tequila (I always prefer an aged Anejo) shopping list
- 4 T. olive oil shopping list
- 2 pork tenderloins, about 1 lb each. shopping list
- 2 cups hickory chips or (better) chunks, soaked for at least 1 hour shopping list
How to make it
- 1) Puree the apricot spread, minced chipotles, tequila, and olive oil in a bowl with a hand blender or in a food processor. Use 2 chipotles first and see if you want it hotter before adding more. Also, test for sweetness.
- 2) Coat both sides of the meat in the sauce and marinate, covered for 2 hours.
- 3) Prepare the grill for indirect cooking. Add wood chips or chunks when the coals are ready.
- 4) Remove pork from marinade. Reserve marinade and put in a small pan. Boil for one minute.
- 5) Grill the tenderloins 20-22 minutes, turning frequently and basting with boiled marinade. Watch them carefully as they can scorch easily.
- To serve, cut the pork in thin slices across the grain. Pour any unused boiled marinade over and serve with rice.
The Cookmerlin San Francisco, CA
The Rating3 people
I love to find new ways to cook Pork Loin. This looks like a great one. The spicy sweet flavors will complement each other well. I have bookmarked this one.
Thankscookinggood in Leesburg loved it
Oh, la, la, this is some spicy little number!! Or should I say Ah-chee-momma!! Love the anejo addition, it should mellow those chipotle with the sweet quite nicely. Bravo!notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Well, Merlin m'dear - this sounds like one savory and sweet pork-a-licious treat. I'll be trying this soon...as all I need is the pork. You rock!
Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!