Jaimacan jerk pork tenderloinFrom mrgresch 6 years ago
- 1 tsp allspice shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 2 TBS grated ginger ( fresh) shopping list
- 1 cup of onion chopped shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves minced shopping list
- 1 TBS soy sauce shopping list
- 3 habanero peppers sliced in half seeds removed shopping list
- 1 cup orange juice shopping list
- juice of 1 lime shopping list
- 1 pork tenderloin shopping list
- 3 tbs olive oil shopping list
- 2 cups of sliced onion shopping list
- 3 TBS butter shopping list
- 3/4 cup of apple sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the olive oil on low-medium heat in a sauce pan and add the 1 cup of onion. Saute for 10 minutes stirring frequently. Add the ginger, habanero and garlic and continue for another 4 minutes. Add the allspice,cinnamon,pepper,salt and nutmeg and continue to saute for 1 minute. Deglaze the pan by adding the ornage juice and stirring and scraping bottom of pan for 1 minute. Add the lime juice and soy sauce and bring to a boil and remove pan from heat and set aside allowing to cool. Puree this in a blender. Put pork in a glad bag and pour contents over the pork and allow to marinade 6 -24 hrs.
- Pre heat oven to 350. Add 2 tbs olive oil in an oven proof saute pan and over a highheat on the stovetop add the pork and saute for 2-3 minutes on each side. ( do not add excess marinade that's still in the bag) Put pork in the same pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. Allow pork to rest 5 minutes after removing from oven.
- This step should be done when pork goes into oven
- Sauce: Saute 2 cups of onion in 3 TBS butter over medium heat for 15 minutes until very soft and carmelized. Add the apple sauce and continue for another 3-5 minutes.
The Cookmrgresch Milwaukee, WI
The Rating4 people
This sounds fabulous. Great post. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
I missed this before! Sounds fantastic! Have a pork tenderloin in the freezer that's screaming to have this done to it! LOLjustjakesmom in Everett loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!