COCONUT MARBLE CAKEFrom henrie 7 years ago
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp each baking powder and vanilla shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 2 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 tsp almond extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut, finely chopped shopping list
- chocolate DRIZZLE shopping list
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips melted with 1 1/2 tsp oil shopping list
- GARNISH: toasted coconut shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 10 inch bundt pan.
- Beat butter, sugar, baking powder and vanilla in a bowl until fluffy. Add eggs, beat well. Beat in flour alternately with milk until blended. Add almond extract. Melt chocolate chips in a bowl in microwave as pkg directs. Cool slightly, then stir in 1 1/2 cups batter until blended.
- Stir coconut in remaining batter. Spoon 2 cups into pan. Drop spoonfuls of chocolate batter into pan, leaving spaces between each dollop. Drop spoonfuls coconut batter between chocolate batter. Repeat alternating batters, with the rest. Run a knife through batters to marbleize.
- Bake 55 min. or until done. Cool in pan 15 min. before inverting cake on rack to cool completely. Scrape melted chocolate into a ziptop bag. Cut a tip off 1 corner and pipe chocolate over cake, sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- MAKES 18 SERVINGS.
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating6 people
Yum is right. This sounds so good. I love chocolate, coconut and almond combination as well. Great post. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
All the things I LOVE! Here is a 5 for you!I'm making this one tomorow!jeffsgirl in Medford loved it
yumturtle66 in Sacramento loved it