Spicy Peanut StewFrom mystic_river1 8 years ago
- 2 Tbs. olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion, diced (about 1 cup) shopping list
- 1 celery stalk, chopped (about 1/2 cup) shopping list
- 1 Tbs. grated fresh ginger shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 tsp.) shopping list
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks (about 2 cups) shopping list
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes with chiles shopping list
- 1 lb. butternut or acorn squash, cut into 1-inch chunks (about 3 cups) shopping list
- 1/2 lb. cauliflower florets (about 4 cups) shopping list
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter shopping list
- 6 cups cooked brown rice shopping list
- 1 head watercress, stems removed shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in large pot over medium-low heat. Add onion and celery, and cook 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent, stirring occasionally. Stir in ginger and garlic, and cook 5 minutes more, or until vegetables are soft.
- Add potato and tomatoes. Increase heat to medium, and cook 5 minutes, or until sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in 2 cups water, and season with salt and pepper. Simmer partially covered, 10 minutes. Add squash and cauliflower, and cook 15 minutes more, or until vegetables are tender.
- Whisk together peanut butter and ½ cup warm water in small bowl. Add to stew, and cook 4 minutes, or until thickened, stirring constantly. Spoon over rice, and top with watercress.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating5 people
Hey JM sweetie and thank you for offering this. I have several cookbooks from Jessica B. Harris and this recipe rocks. I love it and have had the pleasure of making it several times. It is so delicious. You go GF - ^5!lunasea in Orlando loved it
I will have to look into Jessica B. Harris and see what you two are talking about. A near by restaurant server West African Peanut soup and it is so good.
This does sound like a delicious recipe. Thank you Joymarie
Michaeltrigger in loved it
Sounds delicious JM!kimmer in Dunedin loved it