Chocolate Chip Orange SconesFrom fluffy24 6 years ago
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, chilled shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/4 cup orange juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla rextract shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated orange peel shopping list
- 1/4 cup minature semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Butter an insulated cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar and baking powder. With a pastry blender or fork, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, juice, vanilla and orange peel. Stir the egg mixture and chocolate chips into the flour mixture with a fork.
- Turn dough out onto a floured board and knead gently about 10 times, until it forms a cohesive dough. Roll dough out to a 1/2 inch thickness. Cut out scones with a well- floured round cookie cutter.
- Place scones fairly close together on the cookie sheet. Bake 12 to 15 mins, until lightly browned or a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow scones to cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before removing with a spatula.
- Makes 12 3- inch scones
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookfluffy24 Cranston, RI
- Not added to any groups yet!