Jag -Portuguese Rice and BeansFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 1 lb white rice, long grain shopping list
- 1 stick butter shopping list
- 1 med onion chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- 3 tbs tomato sauce or paste shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 2 tsp salt shopping list
- pinch of black pepper shopping list
- 1 can of kidney beans shopping list
- 3/4 of linguica ( Portugese sausage ) shopping list
- 4 1/2 cups water or as needed to cook rice shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in pot and saute onion and then garlic.
- Add tomato sauce, bay leaves, salt and peper and water and bring to a boil.
- Add rice and bring to a boil again.
- Cover and simmer.
- In a fy pan, heat some oil, add beans and cut up sausage and cook a few minutes.
- When rice is almost done, add sauasge mixture and cover and simmer another 5 minutes or rice is cooked and done