Overnight Chocolate French Toast PuffFrom fluffy24 8 years ago
- 1 loaf white bread, 12 to 13 slices, crusts removed shopping list
- 2 cups skim milk, divided shopping list
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 8 eggs 2 cups half' n half shopping list
- TOPPING: shopping list
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, very soft or melted shopping list
- 11/3 cups brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 1 cup flaked coconut shopping list
- 3 tablespoons dark corn syrup shopping list
- whipped cream shopping list
How to make it
- Generously grease a 9x13-inch baking dish that is at least 2 inches high. Arrange trimmed bread slices on bottom of pan in 2 layers, until all bread is used.
- In a small saucepan, heat 1 cup milk (do not boil), chips and sugar, stirring until chips are melted and sugar is dissolved. Stir in vanilla. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, remaining milk and half'nhalf. Mix chocolate into egg mixture. Pour over bread slices. Cover pan tightly and refrigerate overnight. In the morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For Topping:
- Mix butter, brown sugar, walnuts, coconut and dark corn syrup. Spread the topping over the bread slices.
- Bake uncovered for about 1 hour or until the center is set. ( If edges are browning too fast, cover with foil) Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes or so, until cool enough to spoon or slice. Top with whipped cream (or maple syrup, frozen vanilla yogurt and /or chocolate syrup).