Individual Fruit ShortcakesFrom grandmacooks 6 years ago
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup softened butter shopping list
- 2/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 Tbsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp vanilla shopping list
- Fresh berries, washed shopping list
- whipped cream or whipped topping shopping list
How to make it
- For this recipe you will need an individual shortcake pan. It has wells to bake 6 individual shortcakes, which have the place in the center for fruit, like the ones you buy in the grocery store. It holds a total of 3 cups of batter.
- Grease and flour your shortcake pan well.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine everything except berries and cream in a large bowl.
- Blend until moistened at low mixer speed.
- Increase speed to medium and beat 2 minutes. Be sure to scrape bowl frequently.
- Pour batter into pan, being sure you divide it evenly among the cups.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes, then turn upside down on cooling rack and cool completely.
- Serve with your favorite fresh berries (or other fruit) and top with whipped cream.