Peanut Butter OatiesFrom toleliz 8 years ago
- 2 cups rolled oats, uncooked shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- ½ tsp salt shopping list
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter shopping list
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- ½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed shopping list
- ½ cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 3 large eggs (at room temp) shopping list
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips (or dark or white or butterscotch) shopping list
- 1 ½ cups shredded coconut shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Stir together the oats, flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Beat the peanut butter, butter and the two sugars together until combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla.
- Gradually add the oat mixture until combined. (A stand mixer makes this easier)
- Stir in the chocolate chips and the coconut on low speed or by hand.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet. I use a small food portioner (looks like a miniature ice cream scoop) Leave about 1 inch between the mounds.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until they are lightly browned. Pack into an airtight container when they are cool.
- These cookies freeze very well.
The Cooktoleliz Burlington, Canada
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!